Our Food Programs
Lift Urban Portland provides a range of nutrition programs. You can help us feed hundreds of people each month. Write to our Volunteer Program Manager: kelly@LiftUrbanPortland.org.
Irving Street Senior Hot Lunch Program
1818 NW Irving Street
Meals on Wheels (formerly Loaves & Fishes)
In partnership with the Meals on Wheels People, we deliver lunch to housebound seniors, also offering social contact.
Weekdays, 10:45 am - 12:30 pm, regular commitment. Background check required.
1808 NW Irving Street
- Tuesdays and Fridays,11:45 am. to 2:15 pm, greet clients and sign them in, assist with filling food requests, stocking, organizing and light cleaning.
- Thursdays, 10:30 am, unload and stock food delivery, must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Fridays, 10:30 am, sort and stock surplus from Trader Joe's.
1808 NW Irving Street
Assist with coffee and pastry social hour, followed by fresh produce distribution.
- Second Wednesday of each month, 9:45 am to 11:15 am
- Review Food Pantry Training Manual.
Deliver food and supplies, sort donations, pack food in backpacks or boxes; light cleaning.
Mondays and Thursdays, 10:30 am or as needed.
Using our van or your vehicle, deliver food to neighbors or low-income buildings.
Tuesday and Friday afternoons, occasionally Monday or Thursday.
Shop the Docks: Select fresh produce from the Oregon Food Bank (7900 NE 33rd) and deliver to our food pantry. Put away fresh produce and stock shelves.
- Mondays, 9:30 am - 12:30 pm, one or more shifts per month.
- Must have a roomy vehicle, and Oregon Food Bank pass.
Trader Joe's Gleaning: Use your large vehicle to pick up donated food.
- Friday mornings 9:30 am to 10:45 am
- Must own and wear gloves and work well with others.
Lead volunteer teams at our food pantry or warehouse. Must open and close facility and supervise other volunteers. Requires background check. Advanced training provided.
Help recruit volunteers, share information about services, and increase the visibility of Lift Urban Portland through in-person, phone, and online activities.
Food for Kids Backpacks
Pack and deliver bags of snacks and healthy staples to Friendly House Thursdays (during the school year) by 1:30 pm. Need your own vehicle, and the ability to lift 40 lbs.
Food Drive Organizer
At your work, school, congregation, or with friends. Assistance available.
Staff breakfast at Northwest Tower (335 NW 19th) every second Friday.
Graphic Artist / Desktop Publisher
Create signs and flyers.