Ways to Donate
We currently contend with dwindling federal subsidies and steadily increasing demand for emergency food boxes. You can support those in need with a cash donation or in-kind gift. We are a a 501c(3) organization; our tax ID number is 93-0923775.
An easy way to support Lift Urban Portland's work is to become a monthly donor. Each month, on the date of your choice, your designated amount will be automatically charged to your credit card. This flexible option allows you to change or suspend your donation if needed. The automatic transfer cuts down on paperwork, making it easier for you and Lift Urban Portland. Can't write a check for $100? But you could afford $10 per month? In a year, that's $120! Even small contributions add up to make a big impact. Also, your ongoing support provides stable funding that can be used where it is most needed.
To become a monthly donor, please call Darr at 503-221-1224, x103 or email Darr@LiftUrbanPortland.org. She will get you all fixed up!
Planned Giving/Legacy Giving
Give a charitable gift that lasts beyond your lifetime, and may decrease your estate taxes. Please contact Delanie Delimont, our Executive Director, at 503-221-1224, x106.
A vehicle donation is a great way to support us. Call Darr, our office manager, at 503-221-1224, ext. 103.
Donate items from our Wish List of needed supplies.
Employee Match Program
Many businesses have matching programs for volunteers and donors. Contact your HR Department for more information.
Partner Giving Programs
Seams to Fit
Every donation helps us provide healthful, sustaining programs to needy neighbors. We spend every dollar carefully and conservatively. Below are examples of where the money goes. To donate, call 503-221-1224 or sign up online.
- $5,000 buys a year’s rent for our food warehouse space.
- $1,000 buys food for a month for 850 food-insecure neighbors.
- $500 supplies our gardens with equipment and vegetable starts that produce fresh, tasty produce for the food pantry. Recipients eat more fresh produce when they know it grows just steps away.
- $250 provides 25 backpacks of weekend food for children who may go hungry without school meals. Often, a backpack supplements an entire family.
- $100 provides supplies for individual assistance, performing chores like basic cleaning and errands.
- $100 sponsors a row in our garden.
- $50 provides five home-delivered food boxes to those in need who cannot travel to our pantry.